Magisterial District Judge
• Ragene Jacquill Gilbert, 24, of Meadville was held for court following a preliminary hearing before before Magisterial District Judge Samuel Pendolino on June 22. Gilbert faces a misdemeanor charge of simple assault and a summary charge of harassment for allegedly biting and punching a woman. State police at Meadville filed charges following an April 14 incident in West Mead Township. Gilbert was released on $10,000 unsecured bond.
Magisterial District Judge
• Steven Allan Bryan, 56, of Seneca waived his preliminary hearing before Magisterial District Judge Amy Nicols on June 23. Bryan faces a misdemeanor charge of retail theft. Bryan was charged by state police at Corry following a May 13 incident in Oil Creek Township. He remains free on his own recognizance.
• Thomas Duane Shafer Jr., 24, of Meadville was held for court following a preliminary hearing before Magisterial District Judge Amy Nicols on June 4. Shafer faces a felony charge of retail theft and a misdemeanor charge of defiant trespassing. He was charged by state police at Corry following a June 10 incident in Oil Creek Township. Shafer remains in Crawford County jail in lieu of $30,000 bond.
• Kevin Lee Holcomb, 33, of Titusville waived his preliminary hearing before Magisterial District Judge Amy Nicols on June 17. Holcomb faces misdemeanor charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia and summary charges of public drunkenness and disorderly conduct. Titusville police filed charges following a Feb. 23 incident in the city. Holcomb remains free on his own recognizance.
• State police at Meadville responded to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Route 77 and Hobbs Road in West Mead Township at 1:46 p.m. June 20. Christine L. Fraser, 61, of Girard was traveling on Hobbs Road and was stopped at the intersection as Julie A. Stroup, 52, of Centerville was traveling east on Route 77. Fraser pulled her 2010 Subaru Forester onto Route 77 and into the path of Stroup’s 2006 Kia Spectra. Fraser’s vehicle was struck in the driver’s side by Stroup’s.Stroup was transported to Meadville Medical CEnter for treatment of minor injuries. Fraser was not injured. Fraser was charged with failure to obey stop and yield signs.
• State police at Meadville responded to a fire on a hay baler that was being towed on Hogback Road in Rockdale Township at 6:20 p.m. June 18. Daniel G. Gourley, 46, of Union City was driving a 1990 J.I. Case tractor and was hauling the rotary-cut McHale baler eastward near the intersection with Rockdale Road when the baler caught fire for unknown reasons. Gourley disconnected the tractor before it was damaged by the fire to the baler. Mill Village Volunteer Fire Department extinguished the fire. No one was injured in the incident.