Gas prices have fallen across the state for the second straight week while they have remained the same in the Meadville area.
According to GasBuddy.com, the state average has fallen 3.2 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.74 while the Meadville price was $2.89. Last week the state average was $2.77 while Meadville's average was $2.89.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Pennsylvania was priced at $2.43 Monday while the most expensive was $3.05. The cheapest price in the country was $1.89 Monday while the most expensive was $5.52.
"It was a mixed bag for gas prices over the last week even as oil prices remained relatively low. California continued to lead the nation as prices skyrocketed, but appear to have peaked for now, while the Great Lakes states also saw prices march higher due to a price cycle. Other states saw some downward movement, but we appear ripe for a week that features more price decreases than increases, especially for hard-hit California," said Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy.
Prices from around the region:
• Andover, Ohio: Average price is $2.74 per gallon.
• Ashtabula, Ohio: Prices as low as $2.28 per gallon.
• Edinboro: Average price is $2.95 per gallon.
• Erie: Average price is $2.93 per gallon, with prices as low as $2.68 on Peach Street.
• Greenville: Prices as low as $2.72 per gallon.
• Pittsburgh: Average price is $2.87 per gallon.
• Waterford: Prices as low as $2.69 per gallon.