Meadville gas prices dropped 3 cents per gallon at most outlets over the past week to $2.72, according to gasoline price website GasBuddy.com.
Meanwhile, Pennsylvania gas prices have fallen 1 cent per gallon over the same span, averaging $2.64 Monday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 5,269 stations. Gas prices in Pennsylvania are 19.1 cents per gallon lower than a month ago and stand 16.2 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Pennsylvania was priced at $2.31 Monday while the most expensive was $3.18. The national average price of gasoline has fallen 3.5 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $2.42. The national average is down 16.7 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 13.9 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
"The nation's gas prices continue to fall to fresh lows as coronavirus fears continue to put a choke-hold on oil prices, leading to the fourth straight weekly decline in the national average," said Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy. "All but a handful of states saw their averages decline over the last seven days, leading to plenty of smiling faces, but especially in the 21 states where at least one station is offering gasoline under $2 per gallon. It's impressive that in those 21 states, a total of over 10,000 stations are offering such low prices. With continued worries of economic slowdown due to the spread of coronavirus, I don't think the impact to oil is done yet, and for now, motorists are poised to see another week of falling gas prices."
Prices from around the region:
• Andover, Ohio: Average price is $2.59 per gallon.
• Ashtabula, Ohio: Prices as low as $2.03 per gallon.
• Edinboro: Average price is $2.85 per gallon.
• Erie: Average price is $2.86 per gallon, with prices as low as $2.68 on Peach Street.
• Greenville: Prices as low as $2.62 per gallon.
• Grove City: Average price is $2.79 per gallon.
• Pittsburgh: Average price is $2.68 per gallon.
• Waterford: Prices as low as $2.68 per gallon.