The average price of a gallon of gas in Meadville is less expensive than the state average.
Gasoline price website GasBuddy.com reported that the price for a gallon of regular unleaded was $2.81 in Meadville on Monday, 8 cents below the state average. Prices in Meadville remained the same compared to last week while the state average dipped 1 cent per gallon.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Pennsylvania was priced at $2.55 while the most expensive was $3.20. The cheapest price in the entire country was $2.06 while the most expensive was $5.09.
“For the second straight week, the national average price of gasoline has moved higher, following energy market moves from the last few weeks as Iran remains a concern pushing oil higher as well as OPEC extending producing cuts and recent drawdowns in U.S. oil inventories,” said Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy. “Nearly all motorists have seen the rise with an exception in some areas of the West Coast. Look for another week of gradual increases in gasoline prices, but without a another round of clearly defined upside in oil prices, we may see this current upward trend begin to slowly fade away in the next few weeks.”
Prices from around the area:
• Andover, Ohio: Average price is $2.75 per gallon.
• Ashtabula, Ohio: Prices as low as $2.48 per gallon.
• Edinboro: Average price is $2.95 per gallon.
• Erie: Average price is $2.94 per gallon, with prices as low as $2.75 on Peach Street.
• Greenville: Prices as low as $2.82 per gallon.
• Pittsburgh: Average price is $2.96 per gallon.
• Waterford: Prices as low as $2.77 per gallon.