Andover United Methodist Church invites all to worship together at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday through Sept. 2 at the drive-in outdoor service, a casual interdenominational worship service.
This service has been sponsored by Andover UMC for more than 50 years. It reaches out to tourists, campers and all interested in worshiping in nature’s environment. Attendees may come as they are and enjoy the service from the comfort of their car or take a chair and sit outside. Some seating is provided.
The outdoor service is held at a site provided by Wildwood Acres Campgrounds, located at the intersection of Route 7 and Marvin Road, approximately two miles south of Andover, Ohio.
Special musical services will be provided Aug. 12 by Dan Schall and Aug. 19 by Golden State Singers.
LINESVILLE — Linesville United Methodist Church, 334 W. Erie St., hosts a number of summer Sunday evening worship services starting at 7.
The relaxed, informal services feature a different speaker each week. The schedule is:
• July 15, concert by organist Bill Brewer
• July 22, the Rev. Dennis Swineford, superintendent of the Erie Meadville District, is joined by the praise band from Harmonsburg
• July 29, the Rev. Joshua Harding of the Baptist community and family ministry
• Aug. 5, the Rev. Keith McIlwain of Slippery Rock United Methodist Church speaks on the every Sunday communion practice
• Aug. 12, Nate Greenway, executive director of Wesley Woods camp and retreat center
• Aug. 19, the Rev. Jeff Little of Saegertown UMC brings a message using his artistic talents
• Aug. 26, a picnic is planned for the final evening of the season. All are welcome.
NEW LEBANON, Mercer County — Campfire Church is held on Sundays at 7 p.m. through Labor Day weekend on the front lawn of New Lebanon Community Church, 4166 Mercer St.
This is a casual, non-denominational church service outdoors gathered around a campfire. Those who attend will worship with hymns and contemporary music, pray, praise and grow in relationship with God.
Campfire Church is brought by the Devine Inspirations. Services are held rain or shine. If raining, they will be held under a pavilion or indoors.
• More information: Contact the Rev. Adam Devine at (724) 376-7362 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacation Bible schools scheduled
• SADSBURY TOWNSHIP — High Street Community Church, 9517 Route 322, welcomes children ages 4 through entering sixth grade to join in the fun of vacation Bible school from 9 to 11:45 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Registration begins at 8:45 each morning.
• SPRINGBORO — "Game On VBS" is from 6 to 8:30 p.m. July 23 to 27 at United Church of Springboro, 117 S. Main St.
The vacation Bible school is for ages 4 through ninth grade. The week includes crafts, games, snacks, songs and a study in God’s word.
• More information: Call 587-2593.
Events for the family to explore what it means to be a champion for God through story, music, crafts and snacks are Tuesdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. July 17, 24 and 31 at Meadville’s Diamond Park.
The events are open to all ages, but children must attend with a responsible adult.
They are organized by First Christian Church, First Presbyterian Church, Stone United Methodist Church and Trinity Lutheran Church.
• For registration forms: Call 333-2161 or 724-6736, or visit goo.gl/jq4PzA.
Peniel Holiness Camp Meeting begins Thursday with a concert at 7:30 p.m. with trumpet player Chiz Rider. The camp continues until July 29 with services at 10:30 a.m., 2:30 and 7:30 p.m.
There will be a concert series July 22 and 23 at 7 each day, followed by a preaching service at 7:30. The evangelists are Jim Harriman, director of Latin American Ministries; the Rev. Michael Adams, Church of Nazarene; and song evangelists Daniel and Renita Koehn.
Jason and ora Campbell, from One Mission Society, will teach children each day at 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Registration the day of camp is $125.
Rooms, tent and trailer spaces are available. Meals will be available in the dining hall. The snack bar and book room will be open when services aren’t in session.
The interdenominational camp is located on Route 18, near Conneautville.
• More information: Call (814) 774-8426 or visit penielholinesscamp.com.
STONEBORO — Emmanuel Christian Church, 4495 Greenville-Sandy Lake Road, hosts a free kids’ day camp for children age 4 years (by June 1) through sixth grade.
This event, featuring singing, crafts, games and more, is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 23 to 27. Lunch is provided.
Bus transportation is available to and from Stoneboro and Jackson Center fire halls and Lakeview, Greenville and Commodore Perry high schools. Kids riding the bus must pre-register by July 21. Walk-ins are welcome.
• To register: Visit emmanuelchristian.com.
• More information: Call (724) 376-3412, extension 10.
CAMBRIDGE SPRINGS — WWE legend and Hall of Famer “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase will be the special guest speaker for the Men of Grace Allegheny Region’s 2018 Men’s Revival on Sept. 22 at Cambridge Springs Junior-Senior High School.
Other speakers include:
• Pastor Joe Samalenge from the Venango and Cambridge United Methodist churches. Officials said Samalenge is originally from Africa and has a unique perspective to share.
• Tim Lee, a Vietnam veteran who stepped on a land mine and lost both legs. He will share his story and how God can use tragedy to fulfill His purpose.
• Sharon’s Chris Benson, a former amateur MMA fighter who got in trouble with the law and was brought to Christ through that experience.
• Wayne Morgret, the northeast Ohio area director for the Coalition for Men’s Discipleship from the Man in the Mirror national organization.
The revival is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cost is $20 per person.
• More information: Visit mogar-revival.org or call (814) 282-4191.