WEST MEAD TOWNSHIP — Retired Lt. Col. Robert A. Goodrich speaks at the 9:30 a.m. service Sunday at Barton Road United Brethren Church, 20262 Barton Road.
His daughter, Kelsey Goodrich, will be the guest pianist. Lt. Col. Goodrich graduated from the U.S. Military Academy, also known as West Point, and has served in a variety of capacities with the U.S. Army. He served during the first Gulf War under Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf and has also served three tours of duty in Iraq, where he was injured during his last tour.
Goodrich holds a number of offices, including high school principal at Wesley Academy in Elkland and supervisor of Osceola Township.
The public is invited.
WOODCOCK TOWNSHIP — Saegertown United Methodist Church invites the public at 10 a.m. Sunday to Common Grounds, 19473 Grotto Lane, for outdoor worship followed by a tureen picnic welcoming Pastor Jeff Little to the community.
The church will provide hot dogs, hamburgers and drink. Take a dish to share, table setting and a dessert if you desire.
Andover United Methodist Church invites all to worship together at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday through Sept. 2 at the drive-in outdoor service, a casual interdenominational worship service.
This service has been sponsored by Andover UMC for more than 50 years. It reaches out to tourists, campers and all interested in worshiping in nature’s environment. Attendees may come as they are and enjoy the service from the comfort of their car or take a chair and sit outside. Some seating is provided.
The outdoor service is held at a site provided by Wildwood Acres Campgrounds, located at the intersection of Route 7 and Marvin Road, approximately two miles south of Andover, Ohio.
Special musical services will be provided Aug. 12 by Dan Schall and Aug. 19 by Golden State Singers.
LINESVILLE — Linesville United Methodist Church, 334 W. Erie St., hosts a number of summer Sunday evening worship services starting at 7.
The relaxed, informal services feature a different speaker each week. The schedule is:
• Aug. 5, the Rev. Keith McIlwain of Slippery Rock United Methodist Church speaks on the every Sunday communion practice
• Aug. 12, Nate Greenway, executive director of Wesley Woods camp and retreat center
• Aug. 19, the Rev. Jeff Little of Saegertown UMC brings a message using his artistic talents
• Aug. 26, a picnic is planned for the final evening of the season. All are welcome.
NEW LEBANON, Mercer County — Campfire Church is held on Sundays at 7 p.m. through Labor Day weekend on the front lawn of New Lebanon Community Church, 4166 Mercer St.
This is a casual, non-denominational church service outdoors gathered around a campfire. Those who attend will worship with hymns and contemporary music, pray, praise and grow in relationship with God.
Campfire Church is brought by the Devine Inspirations. Services are held rain or shine. If raining, they will be held under a pavilion or indoors.
• More information: Contact the Rev. Adam Devine at (724) 376-7362 or email@example.com.
WEST MEAD TOWNSHIP — An old-fashioned, life-changing tent revival is at 6 p.m. nightly Aug. 12 to 17 at the Bible Baptist Church grounds, 11116 Livermore Road.
Event speakers include Mike McClary from Richmond, Va., Norman Aabye from Saegertown and Phil Thomas from Meadville. Special music nightly includes Eric Hawout, The Pulpit Echoes, and Baptist Hill Billies.
• More information: Call (814) 795-2338.
CAMBRIDGE SPRINGS — WWE legend and Hall of Famer “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase will be the special guest speaker for the Men of Grace Allegheny Region’s 2018 Men’s Revival on Sept. 22 at Cambridge Springs Junior-Senior High School.
Other speakers include:
• Pastor Joe Samalenge from the Venango and Cambridge United Methodist churches. Officials said Samalenge is originally from Africa and has a unique perspective to share.
• Tim Lee, a Vietnam veteran who stepped on a land mine and lost both legs. He will share his story and how God can use tragedy to fulfill His purpose.
• Sharon’s Chris Benson, a former amateur MMA fighter who got in trouble with the law and was brought to Christ through that experience.
• Wayne Morgret, the northeast Ohio area director for the Coalition for Men’s Discipleship from the Man in the Mirror national organization.
The revival is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cost is $20 per person.
• More information: Visit mogar-revival.org or call (814) 282-4191.