The average price for a gallon of gasoline dropped about 2 cents across the state and nation over the past week but it remained the same in the Meadville area.
Prices in Meadville on Monday were $2.99 per gallon, 16 cents higher than the state average and 42 cents higher than the national average.
According to gasoline price website GasBuddy.com, the cheapest station in Pennsylvania was $2.50 Monday while the most expensive was $3.52.
"With Iran and the United States de-escalating rising tensions last week, oil prices plummeted back under $60 per barrel, a welcome sign for motorists who had believed gas prices were about to shoot up. For now, the reduced tensions may lead gas prices to again begin falling in most states over the next few weeks before seasonal factors then again push prices back up," said Patrick DeHaan, head of petroleum analysis for GasBuddy.
Prices from around the region:
• Ashtabula, Ohio: Prices as low as $2.26 per gallon
• Edinboro: Average price is $2.95 per gallon
• Erie: Average price is $2.94 per gallon, with prices as low as $2.74 on Peach Street
• Greenville: Prices as low as $2.89 per gallon
• Pittsburgh: Average price is $2.86 per gallon
• Waterford: Prices as low as $2.68 per gallon