SHARON – A man accused of being involved in one of two shootings in Sharon during a two-day period in late November is facing a preliminary hearing later this month.
Justin Jauwn Kellum, 29, Pittsburgh, was charged with attempted murder of the first degree, aggravated assault, robbery, prohibited possession of a firearm, conspiracy to commit attempted murder, conspiracy to commit aggravated assault and conspiracy to commit robbery in connection with the shooting of a man Nov. 27.
Kellum was already facing attempted homicide charges for a shooting March 22 that wounded two people.
The latest charges stem from a double shooting Nov. 27 at the Pine Hollow Village public housing apartments in the 300 block of East Connelly Boulevard in Sharon. The two victims have since recovered.
When officers arrived, they said they found two men, with multiple gunshot wounds lying in the apartment complex’s parking lot. One of the men told police they had been robbed.
In the parking lot area, police said witnesses and the victims said two people entered and left the parking lot in a gray Dodge Charger with Ohio license plates.
Police said Kellum was involved in the shooting, along with James Knox, 20, of Braddock; Antoine Leonard, 27, of 290 North St., Sharon; and Anthony Leonard 27, of Pittsburgh.
Knox was previously charged and pleaded guilty to aggravated assault. He is in Mercer County Jail awaiting sentencing. The Leonard brothers were charged June 30 in the case. Anthony is still at large and Antoine has been arraigned in front of District Judge Dennis M. Songer.
Kellum’s preliminary hearing will be July 28 in front of Songer.