CAMBRIDGE SPRINGS — One of the summer’s biggest events in northern Crawford County — the 58th annual Cambridge Springs Volunteer Fire Department Fireman’s Festival — is under way and runs through Sunday.
Here is some of what’s happening:
- Every day — bingo nightly, rides, games, food and live entertainment. Events are 6 to 11 p.m. today through Friday, and all day Saturday.
- Today — hot-air balloon launch at 6 p.m. with 13 balloons expected to participate, weather permitting; and entertainment by variety band Midnight Fire from 7 to 11.
- Saturday — hot-air balloon flyover at 7 a.m.; 5K run/walk at 9 (registration from 7 to 8:45 at carnival grounds); firemen’s water battles at 10; Junior Spa Spectacular at 11 ; ride-a-rama from noon to 4 p.m.; pie baking contest entries from noon to 2 p.m.; flower contest entries from noon to 2; grand parade at 5 from Main Street to carnival grounds; hot-air balloon flyover at 6; and entertainment by the King Pins rock band from 7 to 11.
- Sunday — Chicken barbecue dinner starting at 11 a.m. and costs $8.
The annual event is one of Cambridge Springs Volunteer Fire Department’s major fundraisers for the year.
See whats on tap for today and tomorrow
- Local News
Conneautville celebrating 200 years
Thursday was a relaxed opening day at the Conneautville Bicentennial Celebration, but things will get hopping today — literally. A frog jumping contest is scheduled for 6 p.m.
- PennDOT seeking outside help to make bridge repairs
- Stabbing charges dismissed against Bloomfield woman
- Guys Mills boy wins national PBS Kids Writers Contest
- Summer isn't over, but it's time to 'Stuff the Bus'
- Conneautville celebrating 200 years
District 1 looking forward to bigger goals
The members of the District 1 Senior League softball team haven’t spent a whole lot of time playing together.Continued ...
- Meadville's magical season comes to an end
- AP source: Gordon to meet with league Aug. 1
- FCV’s season comes to an end
- Meadville falls to NA in Junior League state opener
- District 1 looking forward to bigger goals
- Obituaries (Archives)
- Our Health
Don't let a desk job negatively impact your health
If you’re female, you might want to consider a more physically active career to avoid a variety of cancers.
- Study focuses on cancer in those who apply pesticides
- Learn to swim and keep drowning at bay
- ‘Planting’ the seeds of a better diet this summer
- Is the idea of drinkable sunscreen worth swallowing?
- Don't let a desk job negatively impact your health
Pennsylvanians deserve Legislature’s full effort on fixing pension reform
If most of us left unfinished work on our desks and departed on a month-long vacation, there’s a good chance the boss would call us back and tell us to finish the job.
- Meadville needs non-discrimination law to ensure the American way
- Big price tag around department’s name change
- We must work together to give Conneaut Lake Park its best chance yet at a comeback
- The last time — live like it’s now or lose it forever
- Pennsylvanians deserve Legislature’s full effort on fixing pension reform