CAMBRIDGE SPRINGS — One of the summer’s biggest events in northern Crawford County — the 58th annual Cambridge Springs Volunteer Fire Department Fireman’s Festival — is under way and runs through Sunday.
Here is some of what’s happening:
- Every day — bingo nightly, rides, games, food and live entertainment. Events are 6 to 11 p.m. today through Friday, and all day Saturday.
- Today — hot-air balloon launch at 6 p.m. with 13 balloons expected to participate, weather permitting; and entertainment by variety band Midnight Fire from 7 to 11.
- Saturday — hot-air balloon flyover at 7 a.m.; 5K run/walk at 9 (registration from 7 to 8:45 at carnival grounds); firemen’s water battles at 10; Junior Spa Spectacular at 11 ; ride-a-rama from noon to 4 p.m.; pie baking contest entries from noon to 2 p.m.; flower contest entries from noon to 2; grand parade at 5 from Main Street to carnival grounds; hot-air balloon flyover at 6; and entertainment by the King Pins rock band from 7 to 11.
- Sunday — Chicken barbecue dinner starting at 11 a.m. and costs $8.
The annual event is one of Cambridge Springs Volunteer Fire Department’s major fundraisers for the year.
See whats on tap for today and tomorrow
- Local News
Tax sale still on after progress alliance pitches Conneaut Lake Park plan
The September deadline for a sheriff’s sale of Conneaut Lake Park still looms despite Wednesday night’s presentation of a revitalization plan from the Economic Progress Alliance of Crawford County.
- Timeless Tootsies a real crowd pleaser on opening night of Cambridge carnival
- RoboBOTS destruction demos headed to Meadville's Thunder in the City
- Area jobless rate at lowest level in more than six years
- Taste of Meadville Market House fundraiser is no longer an annual event
- Tax sale still on after progress alliance pitches Conneaut Lake Park plan
District 1 girls enjoy day off
It was a tense day for many of the teams participating in the Senior League Softball East Regional Tournament on Wednesday.Continued ...
- District 1 finishes off dominant pool performance by trouncing New Jersey
- District 1 remains unbeaten after two routs
- Steelers LB Spence caps lengthy comeback
- District 1 dominates at East Regional
- District 1 girls enjoy day off
- Obituaries (Archives)
- Our Health
Don't let a desk job negatively impact your health
If you’re female, you might want to consider a more physically active career to avoid a variety of cancers.
- Study focuses on cancer in those who apply pesticides
- Learn to swim and keep drowning at bay
- ‘Planting’ the seeds of a better diet this summer
- Is the idea of drinkable sunscreen worth swallowing?
- Don't let a desk job negatively impact your health
Relationship problems between Corbett, Legislature not exactly new
Poking and prodding the Legislature to act on pension reform, Gov. Tom Corbett urged lawmakers to shorten their summer break and come back to the Capitol early.
- Pennsylvanians deserve Legislature’s full effort on fixing pension reform
- Meadville needs non-discrimination law to ensure the American way
- Big price tag around department’s name change
- We must work together to give Conneaut Lake Park its best chance yet at a comeback
- Relationship problems between Corbett, Legislature not exactly new