CAMBRIDGE SPRINGS — One of the summer’s biggest events in northern Crawford County — the 58th annual Cambridge Springs Volunteer Fire Department Fireman’s Festival — is under way and runs through Sunday.
Here is some of what’s happening:
- Every day — bingo nightly, rides, games, food and live entertainment. Events are 6 to 11 p.m. today through Friday, and all day Saturday.
- Today — hot-air balloon launch at 6 p.m. with 13 balloons expected to participate, weather permitting; and entertainment by variety band Midnight Fire from 7 to 11.
- Saturday — hot-air balloon flyover at 7 a.m.; 5K run/walk at 9 (registration from 7 to 8:45 at carnival grounds); firemen’s water battles at 10; Junior Spa Spectacular at 11 ; ride-a-rama from noon to 4 p.m.; pie baking contest entries from noon to 2 p.m.; flower contest entries from noon to 2; grand parade at 5 from Main Street to carnival grounds; hot-air balloon flyover at 6; and entertainment by the King Pins rock band from 7 to 11.
- Sunday — Chicken barbecue dinner starting at 11 a.m. and costs $8.
The annual event is one of Cambridge Springs Volunteer Fire Department’s major fundraisers for the year.
See whats on tap for today and tomorrow
- Local News
Big first inning leads Meadville to win over Saegertown
So, how does one go about beating the Saegertown baseball team? It’s a question that District 10 programs have been asking themselves for years now.Continued ...
- Taylor, Osborne lead Panthers to 12-1 win over CASH
- H.S. Softball: Cards strike late for 2-0 win over Blue Devils
- Gallo’s single lifts CASH to win in extras
- Lynn leads Bulldogs over visiting Beavers
- Big first inning leads Meadville to win over Saegertown
- Obituaries (Archives)
- Our Health
Is getting your daily ‘shot’ of caffeine OK?
Can’t live without your daily dose of caffeine? I know many people who will go out of the way just to grab a fresh cup of Joe or any caffeine shot to jump start their day or combat that afternoon lull.
- How virus sleuths and public health officials track the cause of a mysterious illness
- Enjoy the taste of eating right
- Holder: Heroin deaths an 'urgent and growing public health crisis'
- Lilly's diabetes drug rejected by FDA
- Is getting your daily ‘shot’ of caffeine OK?
Many veterans suffer PTSD, which needs to be dealt with
Initially, I intended this article to be about PTSD “Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.” I wanted to write about the myths and misconceptions that those four words may hold. But as the days went by, the story just wouldn’t come together for me. Everything I typed seemed to miss something. There was no feeling.
- Journalists in combat zones ‘write with light’ while risking their lives
- There’s no war on men and boys — it’s quite the opposite
- McCord outsourcing ‘scandal’ reminds me of Y2K fears
- Can we trust luck when it comes to the nuclear industry?
- Many veterans suffer PTSD, which needs to be dealt with