Click image for slideshow
The Meadville Tribune started accepting reader photos for a special web-site feature call ‘Reader’s Pictures of the Month.’ We put these submitted photos in a slideshow to showcase the talented photographers of the area as well as the casual snap shot photographer who took an image or two they wanted to share. These slideshows are getting our Web-site readers from all over the country taking a look to see what is happening, many are people who simply live elsewhere and want to see some of their old stomping grounds and possibly friends still enjoying life in Crawford County.
One such web reader, Chris Bloom of Phoenix, AZ posted a comment declaring this “This is my favorite part of the online paper.”
In its first few months our reader slideshows seem to be a hit, with many people submitting and sharing important moments of their lives – moments that help define who we are as a people and a community.
And we’re continuing to accept entries. Currently we’re looking for pictures taken in January 2009, perhaps a new years party, or hard hat wrestlers, maybe some sledders, what ever you capture would be great to share. We’d love to see more pictures of people doing things, but continue to send in the scenics and animals as well.
Our criteria is simple, pictures taken in and around Crawford County or of Crawford Countians on vacation or even living elsewhere. Photographs of our troops would be wonderful to share with our readers, especially over the holidays.
To submit, please send jpeg images to meadvilletribune.com.
Be sure to include information such as who the photographer is, when the picture was taken, who is in the picture and any information about the scene that will put it into context. Example: John Smith age 7, of Conneaut Lake holds up a fish he caught on November 3rd while fishing behind his home. Photo taken by Joan Smith, proud mother of John. John loves fishing with his grandpa Joe every Saturday.
If you love photography or just love a picture you have snapped, we’d love to see it and share it with our readers. Click!
Click image for slideshow
- Reader Photos
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of December 2009
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of November
- READERS' SLIDESHOW: Pictures of October
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of September 2009 Sorry for the delay in posting this month's slideshow, vacations and finding the time to make the slideshow set us back. Enjoy.
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of August 2009
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of July Editor's note: Sorry for the delay in posting this month, vacations and timing made it difficult to put together in a timely fashion. Keep the pictures coming. Now accepting pictures of August. Remember the fair is coming up, we expect to see lots of pictures from our readers at the fair.
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of June 2009
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' photos from the Thurston Classic Not many submissions, of course the weather didn't allow for many photo opportunities this year.
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of May 2009
SLIDESHOW: A local soldier's photos from Iraq
In order to get a soldier’s-eye view of our local troops’ work in Iraq, we e-mailed some questions to Staff Sgt. Ernie Groger, who is with the Cambridge Springs-based National Guard Stryker unit. Sgt. Groger was kind enough not only to respond to our questions but to also provide more than 30 photographs, some of which are in today’s paper. The rest can be seen in a slideshow by clicking the red icon below.
Groger has been in the Guard for about eight years and in civilian life he is a correctional officer at the state women’s prison at Cambridge Springs. The graduate of Linesville High School is a son of Harmonsburg residents Charles, recently retired from Channellock, and Judy, who works at C&J Industries.
- More Reader Photos Headlines