Click image for slideshow
The first of what we hope will become a longstanding monthly feature on our Web site is now here. Readers’ Pictures of September feature some beautiful sunsets, a couple of critters, September sights such as high school football, children going to school and a lot of fall flowers.
Above is a sampling of the submissions. “I was walking through my yard one evening recently when the sun caught my figure and made this shadow. I looked like a giant,” writes Mary Thall. “These pretty yellow flowers grow along our road in southern Crawford County,” she explains about her second shot.
There is also McKenna Longoria, 4, and Matthew Longoria, 2, children of Marco and Krista Longoria of Conneaut Lake, celebrating the start of the pro football season in a photo by Krista.
Thanks to all the photographers who submitted pictures. Keep them coming and spread the word.
To submit pictures for October please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with information including where the picture was taken, when it was taken, who took it, the names of the people in the picture, what are they doing and any other information you think is interesting about the picture.
The deadline is the third day of each month for pictures taken the previous month. Subject matter like birthdays, celebrations, local troops, or people at work or having fun, animals and scenics are all welcome. The only criteria is that the subject matter be either in Crawford County or surrounding counties or of people from this area doing something elsewhere.
Click image for slideshow
- Reader Photos
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of December 2009
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of November
- READERS' SLIDESHOW: Pictures of October
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of September 2009 Sorry for the delay in posting this month's slideshow, vacations and finding the time to make the slideshow set us back. Enjoy.
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of August 2009
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of July Editor's note: Sorry for the delay in posting this month, vacations and timing made it difficult to put together in a timely fashion. Keep the pictures coming. Now accepting pictures of August. Remember the fair is coming up, we expect to see lots of pictures from our readers at the fair.
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of June 2009
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' photos from the Thurston Classic Not many submissions, of course the weather didn't allow for many photo opportunities this year.
- SLIDESHOW: Readers' Pictures of May 2009
SLIDESHOW: A local soldier's photos from Iraq
In order to get a soldier’s-eye view of our local troops’ work in Iraq, we e-mailed some questions to Staff Sgt. Ernie Groger, who is with the Cambridge Springs-based National Guard Stryker unit. Sgt. Groger was kind enough not only to respond to our questions but to also provide more than 30 photographs, some of which are in today’s paper. The rest can be seen in a slideshow by clicking the red icon below.
Groger has been in the Guard for about eight years and in civilian life he is a correctional officer at the state women’s prison at Cambridge Springs. The graduate of Linesville High School is a son of Harmonsburg residents Charles, recently retired from Channellock, and Judy, who works at C&J Industries.
- More Reader Photos Headlines