- Cory Abrams, 37, of Hydetown was driving south on Mystic Park Road, Troy Township, at 9:26 p.m. on May 7 when he failed to properly negotiate a straight portion of the roadway, crossed the oncoming lane, traveled off the east edge of the roadway and struck a bank, causing damage to property and a utility pole. The driver fled the scene, driving approximately 2.6 miles on the rim of a flat front left tire, leaving marks on the roadway that led to his destination in Hydetown. An investigation determined Abrams was not wearing a seatbelt and struck his head on the windshield during the crash, resulting in a head injury. He was transported to Titusville Hospital, but declined treatment. Abrams was charged with DUI, failing to notify the owner of the damaged property, failure to immediately notify police of the crash and other traffic offenses.
- Nathan R. Hollabaugh of Pittsburgh was traveling north on Interstate 79 in Greenwood Township at 12:55 p.m. on May 12 when he lost control of his vehicle and struck the guide rail in the passing lane. The vehicle spun into the driving lane and hit another guide rail. An investigation of the incident continues.
- A 17-year-old from Conneautville was traveling south on North Norrisville Road in Hayfield Township at 10:13 a.m. on May 12 when she left the roadway, hit a ditch and then lost control and rolled the vehicle several times. The investigation continues.
- Shenan S. Schauer, 46, of Erie, was traveling north on Route 99 in Venango Township when he struck a deer with the front of his vehicle at approximately 8:07 p.m. May 12, according to state police. He was reportedly transported to UPMC Hamot by Edinboro Emergency Medical Service for injuries of unknown severity. Both passengers were uninjured, police said. The vehicle was towed by Goodban’s Towing. Edinboro Fire Department assisted on scene.
- Joel A. Stewart, 19, of Titusville, was attempting to make a left turn onto Johnson Road from Foote Road in Oil Creek Township when he struck driver Bruce Fenstermaker, of Titusville, at 9:10 p.m. May 10, according to state police. The impact reportedly caused major damage to the front end of Fenstermaker’s vehicle. Fenstermaker and his passenger, Heather Jackson of Meadville, were taken to Titusville Hospital for minor injuries, police said. Hydetown, Townville and Centerville fire departments assisted on scene.
- Someone operated a four-wheeler that appeared to intentionally go through an electric fence causing approximately $100 in damage at a South Wayland Road, East Mead Township location sometime between 9 p.m. on May 11 and 9 a.m. on May 12.
- Three African-American males entered Walmart in Vernon Township at 4 a.m. on May 12, placed merchandise into a cart and then ran outside with the cart containing the products and fled without paying. The suspects were operating an unknown car headed east on Conneaut Lake Road toward Interstate 79. Anyone with information is asked to call state police in Meadville at 332-6911.
- State Police reported a case of criminal trespass involving an unknown white male in his early 20s at a residence on West Central Avenue in Oil Creek Township at 1:57 a.m. May 12. The suspect allegedly broke a homemade black metal guide railing off the side door porch and tried prying his way into the residence with it. No further details were released.