- Lauren Alexandra Deal of Linesville was driving her Mitsubishi Outlander northwest on Fries Road in North Shenango Township at 4:29 p.m. Thursday when she hit a deer between State and Forest roads, causing major damage to her vehicle. She was able to maintain control of the vehicle and pull the vehicle over to the side of the road, according to state police. Damage from the impact caused oil to spill on the roadway, and it was cleaned up by North Shenango Volunteer Fire Depart-ment. Andover Towing and Service assisted at the scene.
- Sonny L. Gabel of Conneautville was driving east on Robinson Road in Summerhill Township at 4:24 p.m. Thursday about 919 feet west of Inlet Road in his 2000 Chevrolet Malibu when he did not see that the roadway was washed out due to heavy rain. He drove his vehicle into a ditch through the road caused by the rushing water and had to be pulled out of the ditch by another vehicle. An 11-year-old passenger in Gabel’s vehicle was taken from the scene to Meadville Medical Center in a private vehicle with unknown injuries, according to state police. Gabel and the passenger were wearing seatbelts. Summerhill Township personnel assisted at the scene.
- Kayla M. Mattocks, 24, of Meadville was driving east on Route 198 in East Mead Township in her 2009 Toyota Camry on Thursday when she went through standing water about 2,240 feet south of Dickson Street and lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle left the roadway while spinning in a counter-clockwise motion and hit a small tree and came to rest. Mattocks and a passenger in the vehicle were not injured, but the vehicle was disabled, according to state police. Hayden’s Towing assisted at the scene.
- The vehicle of an unknown driver traveling south on Routes 6 and 19 in Hayfield Township left the roadway for unknown reasons at 12:01 a.m. June 8, according to state police. The driver reportedly struck a utility pole before fleeing the scene, traveling west on Black Road.
- Alicia R. Hoover, 30, of Townville, was traveling south on Maplewood Road in Richmond Township when she left the roadway and went into a ditch at 8:06 a.m. June 20, according to state police. She reportedly lost control of her vehicle and struck a tree with the front passenger side of her vehicle, which then spun clockwise and overturned onto its roof before coming to rest. She sustained minor injuries, police said. Townville VFD assisted on scene.
Magisterial District Judge
- Travis L. Carbaugh, 24, of 12950 Conneaut Lake Road, Conneaut Lake, was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Rita Marwood and bound over to the next term of court on charges of burglary, theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property, criminal trespass and theft by deception. Conneaut Lake Police filed the charges for an incident on May 14. He was placed in Crawford County jail on $15,000 bond.
Magisterial District Judge
- Michael I. Middleby, 44, of 341 Lincoln Ave., Meadville, was bound over to the next term of court following a preliminary hearing before Magisterial District Judge William Chisholm on a charge of welfare fraud. Pennsylvania Office of Inspector General filed the charge for an incident Feb. 26, 2012. He was placed in the Crawford County jail in lieu of $2,500 bond.
- Vicki L. Schmidt, 55, of 22323 S. Beaver Road, Conneautville, waived her right to a preliminary hearing and was bound over to the next term of court on a charge of welfare fraud. Pennsylvania Office of Inspector General filed the charge for an incident March 31. She was released on her own recognizance.