Magisterial District Judge
- Kent J. Frantz, 19, of Edinboro, was held for a preliminary hearing before Magisterial District Judge Lincoln Zilhaver and bound over to the next term of court on a charge of possession of marijuana. Pennsylvania State Police filed the charge for an incident on Dec. 4, 2012, in Cussewago Township. He was released on his own recognizance.
Vernon Township Area
Magisterial District Judge
- Russell L. Jarrell, 25, of 573 Arch St., Meadville, waived his right to a preliminary hearing before Magisterial District Judge Michael Rossi and was bound over to the next term of court on two counts of driving under the influence and four summary charges. Pennsylvania State Police filed the charges for an incident on Feb. 8 in Vernon Township. He was released on his own recognizance.
- Anna M. Dersch, 22, of Saegertown, was traveling north on Route 86 in Woodcock Township when she lost control of her vehicle on an icy bridge and left the roadway at 12:01 a.m. March 26, according to state police. Her vehicle reportedly glanced off a utility pole before striking some shrubbery and two large rocks. Her vehicle spun counterclockwise before coming to a rest, police said. She sustained minor injuries.
- Pennsylvania State Police reported a theft on Greytown Hills road in Cambridge Springs between Jan. 12 and March 23. One or more unknown suspects removed a black Ruger LCP .380 semi-automatic handgun from a safe in a 29-year-old Cambridge Springs man’s residence.
- Pennsylvania State Police are investigating a reported case of domestic harassment on Collins Road in North Shenango Township at 7:30 p.m. March 23 involving a physical altercation between an adult male and female.
- Sharmon K. Beers, 45, of Meadville, was traveling west on Route 198 in Summerhill Township when she lost control of her vehicle while negotiating a right-hand curve and left the roadway at 3:10 p.m. March 23, according to state police. She reportedly attempted to steer back onto the roadway and traveled across both lanes before leaving the roadway again. She struck a large tree, causing disabling damage to the vehicle, police said. She and her passenger, Michael Seley of Meadville, suffered minor injuries. Conneautville Emergency Medical Service and L.A. Auto assisted on scene.
- Ronald F. Rhoades, 61, of Meadville, was traveling north on North Wayland Road in East Mead Township when he lost control of his vehicle while negotiating a left-hand curve and left the roadway at 7 p.m. March 22, according to state police. He reportedly hit an embankment before spinning clockwise and striking the same embankment. No injuries were reported.