Armond D. Glover, 93, formerly of Raymond Drive, Meadville, and a resident since July 2012 of The Caring Place, Franklin, died there on Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013.
He was born in his parents’ house on North Street in Meadville on Nov. 5, 1919, a son of Elmer Glover and Laura Bromley Glover Heasley. He married Minadell Jane Hall on June 26, 1943, and she preceded him in death Feb. 2, 1993.
He was a 1938 graduate of Meadville High School and served his tool and die apprenticeship at Talon Inc. Upon his graduation he continued to work at Talon for some time. In 1947 he started his own shop, Glover Mfg., and in 1954 he changed the name to Pennsylvania Tool and Gage and took on two partners, Gordon Burns and Chuck Brant. He eventually sold his share in the company and started Glover Mfg. again and operated it until about 1972. He then went to work as a manager of C & B Machine and was also a manager of Call Tool for many years until he retired in about 1996.
He is survived by a daughter, Kathy McMasters and her husband, Lynn, of Franklin; a son, James Glover of Meadville; a daughter-in-law, Kathy Glover of Meadville; three grandchildren, Tami Hill and her husband, Scott, Jeff Glover and his wife, Jenny, and Scott McMasters and his wife, Amanda; and four great-grandchildren, Cameron and Colby Schneider, Ruby Glover and Madison Rocha.
There will be no calling hours.
A private graveside service will be held at the convenience of the family in Greendale Cemetery and a memorial service will be held at The Caring Place, Franklin, at a later date.
The arrangements are under the direction of Robert W. Waid Funeral Home Inc., 581 Chestnut St., Meadville.
Memories and condolences may be shared at waidfuneralhome.net.