The deadline is approaching for applications for the Ken Kull Scholarship Fund which provides scholarships to eligible applicants pursuing a career in the tool and die or plastic molding industry.
The application deadline is June 3 and this year a total of $4,000 will be distributed to one or more students at the discretion of the Ken Kull Scholarship Committee.
Scholarships will be awarded prior to the beginning of a program or course and the winner must attend the presentation the first Saturday in August in order to receive the scholarship.
- Have a high school diploma or be a current high school senior.
- Reside in Crawford County and have graduated from a school district in Crawford County.
- Be seeking or continuing a career in engineering, manufacturing, tool and die, or plastic molding industry.
- Complete a 200-to 500-word essay explaining why the interest in a career in this field.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or other person of interest.
- Be willing to speak at the Ken Kull Scholarship fundraiser the first Saturday in August.
The Ken Kull Scholarship Fund was established March 7, 2007, by Susan Kull in memory of her late husband, Ken. It was founded to honor his commitment to continuous training and education along with his desire to share knowledge of the industry.
Kull was a graduate of Meadville Area Senior High School and the tool and die program of Crawford County Area Vocational-Technical School. He studied mold design at Alliance College and served his apprenticeship at C & J Industries. He began to work for the former Sipco Molding Technologies in 1985, serving many roles in his more than 20 years of service with the company. He was a toolmaker, mold processor, lead technician, head of engineering, high output extrusion technician, field service technician, customer startup and troubleshooting, and more.
Completed applications should be mailed to: The Ken Kull Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 196, Meadville, Pa. 16335.
n More information: Contact John Shields at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 382-5696 during the day or (333-2307 evenings.