Meadville Tribune

January 16, 2014

Owner suffers burns in Bloomfield Township house fire

Half of structure destroyed in accidental blaze


Meadville Tribune

BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP — The owner of the single-story residence at 36343 Elmwood Ave. was transported to an area hospital for treatment of burns but no other injuries were reported following a Thursday-evening fire.

Second Lieutenant Jerry Holes Jr. of Bloomfield Township Volunteer Fire Department told the Tribune Thursday night that a fuel heater mounted on a wall apparently caught the wall on fire. The blaze, which has been ruled accidental, was reported at 5:44 p.m.

According to Holes, who declined to release the name of the owner, approximately half the structure was destroyed.

Bloomfield firefighters, who had returned to service by 9:45 p.m., were assisted at the scene by Union City, Centerville, Spartansburg, Hydetown and Corry fire departments and Emergycare ambulance service.