A total of $3,400 in grants to support initiatives across Crawford Central School District have been announced by The Crawford Central Community Foundation.
The following projects will receive awards:
- Mural for our School Project, First District Elementary Parent-Teacher Organization.
- MASH Carnival, Meadville Area Senior High School.
- The Red Bird Tribune, Cochranton Elementary School Grade Five, Karen Jamieson.
- Meadville Area Senior High School Baseball Team, uniforms.
- Meadville Area Middle School/Meadville Area Senior High School Wrestling Team, shoes.
- Outside basketball hoop, Neason Hill Elementary School Parent-Teacher Organization.
Mary Lynne Peters, president of the foundation said, “The CCCF Board of Directors is excited to help fund and complete these projects representing academic, athletic and artistic opportunities for students in grades K-12 of the Crawford Central School District.”
The Crawford Central Community Foundation was created in July 2012 to help provide financial resources to enrich extracurricular and educational opportunities for Cochranton and Meadville students in grades kindergarten through 12. Educators, coaches, advisors and school organizations are eligible to apply for funding two times per year. An emergency fund has also been established that takes funding requests at any time for unforeseen, time-sensitive projects or expenses not previously budgeted.
Funding for the foundation comes from fundraisers and tax-deductible donations.
“One Hundred Years of Broadway” featuring Andrew Koslosky and SuperNova Productions from New York City is the next fundraising event on April 26, 2014 at the Italian Civic Club in Meadville.
- More information: Go to crawfordcentralcommunityfoundation.org.