- Local News
Two Dems hope to square off against Rep. Thompson
Two candidates are vying for the Democratic nomination for the May 20 primary election to win a spot in what is expected to be a race against incumbent Republican U.S. Rep. Glenn Thompson, who represents Pennsylvania’s 5th Congressional District.
- Local judge returns to run Boston Marathon
- SUNDAY ISSUE: Focus on prioritizing Meadville infrastructure
- Patriots' Day rally is a display of words and weapons
- Looking back ... do you recognize this woman?
- Two Dems hope to square off against Rep. Thompson
Brewers win in 14th after early brawl with Pirates
Ryan Braun homered in the ninth inning to tie it, then Khris Davis hit a home run in the 14th that put Milwaukee ahead for good.Continued ...
Yet those were hardly the big blows that attracted all the attention Sunday in the Brewers’ 3-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Pivotal Game 3 awaits Pens and Blue Jackets
- Blue Jackets edge Penguins 4-3 in double overtime
- College Softball: DePauw earns NCAC sweep over Allegheny
- Big first inning leads Meadville to win over Saegertown
- Brewers win in 14th after early brawl with Pirates
- Obituaries (Archives)
- Our Health
Is getting your daily ‘shot’ of caffeine OK?
Can’t live without your daily dose of caffeine? I know many people who will go out of the way just to grab a fresh cup of Joe or any caffeine shot to jump start their day or combat that afternoon lull.
- How virus sleuths and public health officials track the cause of a mysterious illness
- Enjoy the taste of eating right
- Holder: Heroin deaths an 'urgent and growing public health crisis'
- Lilly's diabetes drug rejected by FDA
- Is getting your daily ‘shot’ of caffeine OK?
Public pensions for private lobbyists under fire
Employees of the Pennsylvania School Board Association don’t work for any of the state’s 500 local school districts — not directly, anyway. They lobby lawmakers on behalf of those districts for things like funding.
- Many veterans suffer PTSD, which needs to be dealt with
- Journalists in combat zones ‘write with light’ while risking their lives
- There’s no war on men and boys — it’s quite the opposite
- McCord outsourcing ‘scandal’ reminds me of Y2K fears
- Public pensions for private lobbyists under fire