- Local News
State braces for $839 million deficit
Gov. Tom Corbett’s number didn’t come up in the Pennsylvania Senate this week, only adding to the pressure he and legislators will face when they return in the new year to face an $839 million budget hole.
- MMC gets Hospital Safety Score of 'A'
- Morgan to headline Country Music Show
- West Mead likely to avoid cable fee in wake of public outcry
- Bill offers protection to drug overdose witnesses
- State braces for $839 million deficit
Don Granda Jr. in search of elusive 100
Can Don Granda Jr. reach 100? That is the question circulating through the local bowling waves as Granda Jr. once again demonstrated his greatness with two 300 games in a six-day span at Lakeside Lanes.Continued ...
- Big first quarter lifts Conneaut past Cambridge Springs
- H.S. BASKETBALL: Trojans roll over Bulldogs
- H.S. WRESTLING: Saegertown come up short against Bison again
- H.S. HOCKEY: Bulldogs gain momentum with shutout
- Don Granda Jr. in search of elusive 100
- Obituaries (Archives)
- Our Health
Jamestown girls basketball team rallies behind coach in successful battle against prostate cancer
The first scrimmage of the season was just about over. Mike Seman, then an assistant coach with the Jamestown girls basketball team, couldn’t wait any longer.
- Former Powerball winner dies penniless after burning through $27 million
- Not much to look at, but jellyfish are beneficial
- Tips to help avoid turkey fryer tragedy
- Expert warns: Don’t overlook safe turkey-handling practices for a happy holiday
- Jamestown girls basketball team rallies behind coach in successful battle against prostate cancer
Outside the Box: Mandela’s passing is a reminder to stand up for what you believe in
One of my all-time favorite photographs — as a photojournalist and a human being — is by Michael Williamson, a Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer for The Washington Post. As a moment and photograph, the image takes my breath away and makes me smile. Williamson shot it in 1994 in a village during a presidential campaign stop not long before the country’s first democratic elections.
- Reach out to others with warmth during this potentially lonely season
- Outside The Box: Do what terrifies you — there’s always something to learn or gain
- Outside the Box: Start each day with a thank you, especially this time of year
- Apple pie has no place at Thanksgiving
- Outside the Box: Mandela’s passing is a reminder to stand up for what you believe in