- Local News
Line failure causes outage in downtown Meadville
A primary line failure in downtown Meadville left about 400 Penelec customers without power for several hours Monday morning.
- Community college plan comes with pay problems
- Figuring skating club cancels ice show
- SUNDAY ISSUE: Stamping out food stamp fraud
- $20K in grants to aid county organizations
- Line failure causes outage in downtown Meadville
Scots top Knights for PSAC crown
Home sweet home.Continued ...
Edinboro University’s Valerie Majewski, the former General McLane standout who returned to the ’Boro this season after two years at the University of Buffalo, was in her old comfort zone Sunday afternoon.
- NCAA MEN'S BASKETBALL: Hollins helps Minnesota beat Penn State
- Reed on a roll, wins a World Golf Championship
- Breese closes career with second straight title
- McLane’s Wheeling comes up short in final
- Scots top Knights for PSAC crown
- Obituaries (Archives)
- Our Health
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, in his weekly video address.
Holder: Heroin deaths an 'urgent and growing public health crisis'
Attorney General Eric Holder, calling the rise in deaths from overdoses of heroin and prescription painkillers an "urgent and growing public health crisis," is outlining a series of efforts by the Justice Department to combat the epidemic.
- Lilly's diabetes drug rejected by FDA
- Study says too much protein could lead to early death
- Do flu shots cause runny noses?
- Trying to lose weight? Reach for the nearest calico cat
- Holder: Heroin deaths an 'urgent and growing public health crisis'
Viscose’s closing was a nightmare for many that centered around greed
Just outside the city limits of Fifth Ward, Meadville, in Vernon Township is a large complex of brick buildings. This was the American Viscose Corporation, “Viscose,” which later became FMC Corporation and still later, Avtex Fibers Inc.
- Gov. Corbett’s budget getting shaky
- Run with us as we tell The Story Next Door
- Here’s how we can make the county’s fairgrounds, care center benefit taxpayers
- How to fix the inequality of wealth? Develop an educated and trained population
- Viscose’s closing was a nightmare for many that centered around greed