- Local News
New resource officer Mogel working to shed wrong ideas about police in schools
As Meadville Police Department’s newly-appointed school resource officer, one of biggest issues Nick Mogel finds himself confronting these days is mistaken ideas about why he’s there.
- Bar owners look for help to avoid noise complaints
- Area under winter storm warning starting this morning
- County officials to determine if Conneaut Lake Park tax sale can be delayed
- Early morning fire rakes apartment building
- New resource officer Mogel working to shed wrong ideas about police in schools
Lancers top Titans 45-39, advance to quarterfinals
General McLane has done a number of things well to get where it is this season.Continued ...
- Penguins beat Capitals as Fleury gets fifth shutout
- H.S. Hockey: Bulldogs capture Lakeshore championship
- Lancers continue playoff push against Titans
- Scots top Knights for PSAC crown
- Lancers top Titans 45-39, advance to quarterfinals
- Obituaries (Archives)
- Our Health
Enjoy the taste of eating right
It’s National Nutrition Month, and I really love this year’s theme: “Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right.”
- Holder: Heroin deaths an 'urgent and growing public health crisis'
- Lilly's diabetes drug rejected by FDA
- Study says too much protein could lead to early death
- Do flu shots cause runny noses?
- Enjoy the taste of eating right
Viscose’s closing was a nightmare for many that centered around greed
Just outside the city limits of Fifth Ward, Meadville, in Vernon Township is a large complex of brick buildings. This was the American Viscose Corporation, “Viscose,” which later became FMC Corporation and still later, Avtex Fibers Inc.
- Gov. Corbett’s budget getting shaky
- Run with us as we tell The Story Next Door
- Here’s how we can make the county’s fairgrounds, care center benefit taxpayers
- How to fix the inequality of wealth? Develop an educated and trained population
- Viscose’s closing was a nightmare for many that centered around greed