- Local News
Allegheny panelists: Remember Mandela, fight inequality
Members of the local community recently came together to remember Nelson Mandela’s life and legacy in a panel discussion held by Allegheny College. Panelists personally interpreted the meaning of his legacy and advocated for others to follow his example and fight inequality.
- Farm Show to snoop out young 'detectives'
- Jail to allow inmate visitation with kids next year
- Crawford County Fair 2013 deficit explained by improvements
- State braces for $839 million deficit
- Allegheny panelists: Remember Mandela, fight inequality
H.S. WRESTLING: Meadville storms to rout of East
Motivation can be a difficult thing to find as a wrestler when entering a match against an inexperienced Erie East squad that has a difficult time filling a lineup.Continued ...
Then again, not everyone wrestles like Meadville’s Ashton Longstreth.
- H.S. WRESTLING: Muskies outlast Eagles
- Don Granda Jr. in search of elusive 100
- Big first quarter lifts Conneaut past Cambridge Springs
- H.S. BASKETBALL: Trojans roll over Bulldogs
- H.S. WRESTLING: Meadville storms to rout of East
- Obituaries (Archives)
- Our Health
Jamestown girls basketball team rallies behind coach in successful battle against prostate cancer
The first scrimmage of the season was just about over. Mike Seman, then an assistant coach with the Jamestown girls basketball team, couldn’t wait any longer.
- Former Powerball winner dies penniless after burning through $27 million
- Not much to look at, but jellyfish are beneficial
- Tips to help avoid turkey fryer tragedy
- Expert warns: Don’t overlook safe turkey-handling practices for a happy holiday
- Jamestown girls basketball team rallies behind coach in successful battle against prostate cancer
Outside the Box: Mandela’s passing is a reminder to stand up for what you believe in
One of my all-time favorite photographs — as a photojournalist and a human being — is by Michael Williamson, a Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer for The Washington Post. As a moment and photograph, the image takes my breath away and makes me smile. Williamson shot it in 1994 in a village during a presidential campaign stop not long before the country’s first democratic elections.
- Reach out to others with warmth during this potentially lonely season
- Outside The Box: Do what terrifies you — there’s always something to learn or gain
- Outside the Box: Start each day with a thank you, especially this time of year
- Apple pie has no place at Thanksgiving
- Outside the Box: Mandela’s passing is a reminder to stand up for what you believe in